Art Gallery Fabrics claim that you can 'feel the difference' with their products but they're probably biased, right? Well, I can tell you that it is TRUE! First I fell in love with their silky feel and curated range of elegant colours and then after using them exclusively in my Redwood Coast quilt kit I can hand on heart say they are the best quality quilting fabrics I can recommend.
Here's what's to love about them:
- You can rest assured that the dyes used are the most environmentally safe to use in the sewing industry as they are internationally OEKO-TEX certified.
They hardly fray!
- Even after a session, or two, with the stitch ripper there was very little fraying! The combination of exceptional thread count and fine (weave 125g/sqm) give them a beautifully soft handle but also great stability. As an aside this makes for excellent binding!
- You won't even notice the shrinkage! Commonly known as “pima” their premium cottons have the lowest shrinkage percentage (1% – 2%).
Your quilt will be safe in the wash!
- Even after washing my Redwood Coast quilt the colours were just as vibrant and true. I forgot to use a colour catcher and there was zero colour bleed too! Their unique dip-dye technique leads to the most brilliant and dye-fast colours ever! I did a cool gentle cycle but they claim you can use a warm normal cycle and even tumble dry them. (I recommend you check you batting care instructions before you wash and try to remember the colour catcher!)
- Their colours are designed to coordinate with their range of prints so you know you that your choices are going to be just right.
The newest 15 colours of the Art Gallery Fabrics PURE Solids arrived in the UK this month bringing their palette to a comprehensive 135 colours! I have now have 60 colours in stock and will be adding more to my range very soon!
Like reading my blog? Sign up to my newsletter and you'll be first to hear when the next one is out! Subscribe here!